i'd like to report that I do not notice this regressions. My packages
are update. I do not use proposed ppa to downgrade glx to 1.2.

My video adapter:
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GME965/GLE960 Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

os:  lucid lynx 10.04 32bit Desktop which was upgraded from karmic.

important parts of glxinfo report:
direct rendering: Yes
server glx version string: 1.4
client glx version string: 1.4
GLX version: 1.4

Running compiz, my uptime is about 4 days and I use suspend that works
great. There are no speed regressions to report. In fact this is the
first time that I am able to play opengl games like nexuiz and penumba
rather smoothly. But I do experience occasional xorg restart, but only
when playing penumbra and that is probably not related to this bug.

I am sure that doesn't help much those affected, but I hope someone will
have some use from a good report as well.

--
[KMS] gem objects not deallocated
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.