Being an Ubuntu newbie, I'm afraid that the discussion has gotten a bit
too technical for me recently and has lost me somewhere on the way.

I understand an official fix for this won't be available for some time.
The ppa, however, has served me quite well on my Dell Inspiron 1100 with
Karmic.

With the increasing excitement about the release of Lucid, I'd like to
upgrade my machine but am wary that I might get freezes again. Thus my
question, is there also a separate ppa for Lucid (or do I just add the
same source??) that will most likely do the same job for me (if so what
do I need to add)? Or can I only try and see?

A big thank you at this point for the terrific work that's been done
here so far!

--
[i845g] Karmic stops responding a few minutes after log in
which is the registrant for xf86-video-intel.