1A.)
I found a file dmesg_withDebug. I'll assume it was the file that I was supposed
to attach a long time ago.

1B.)I'll make another one, some time today.

2.)
I just upgraded with latest LucidPackages this morning.
Rebooted. Same dead screen problem.

3.)
I just booted, successfully, off the Beta 1 LiveCD that I burned on 4/06/2010.
(that proves that it's not the KVM switch nor the monitor that are having
problems, right?)
(not to mention, that earlier in my notes, I tried other KVM switches with same
problem.)

4.)
I did another test, 2 weeks ago, on  yet another different machine, using a
Belkin switch.
These switches have their own power supply. The TRENDnet, that I'm having a
problem with
do not. With the latest and greatest Lucid on that machine, with same VGA
chipset, did
seem to boot successfully using that Belkin switch. But it's not one of my best
tests,
since that machine belongs to someone else, including the Belkin switch, I can't
drag both over to my cube and do better divide and conquer tests. So don't jot
this note down as fact.(yet) But I wanted to mention it.

5.)
But having said all of that, even if we assume that it is a power thing,
the Beta LiveCD works fine. So it still is a software problem.
It used to work.

6.)
I will burn a HardyHeron CD, to prove that these KVM switches work fine
with older releases.

7.) I owe you one test with "video=VGA1:800x600" on linux command line
via Grub menu.

** Attachment added: "dmesg_withDebug"
   http://launchpadlibrarian.net/45522955/dmesg_withDebug

--
gdm fails to start
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.