The updates in the ppa do not seem to fix the problem for me on VMware
7.0.1, host Ubuntu Lucid, guest Ubuntu Lucid. I still can't type my
password into the login box after restarting with the updates applied.
Though maybe not all of the updates are processed yet since you posted
only about 31m ago. It did however pull a few packages from your repo.

--
keyboard input broken due to invalid "SKIP" keyboard model
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.