Binary package hint: gdm

Hi, I am running Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) and I have a problem when logging
out or changing the user.

The first time I reach GDM screen after booting, everything works fine.
I can enter my session and everything is fine. However, if I log out or
try to change the user, the screen resolution changes and in the GDM
login screen, part of my monitor is black (I am attaching pictures so
you can see how it looks). After this happens, the problem is not in GDM
only. If I try to log in again, the problem persists and the screen
resolution is not the correct one.

If I restart GDM service, everything starts working fine again. However,
it is very annoying to reset GDM every time I need to log out/change
user.

I am using an Intel graphic card based on G45 chipset and my monitor is
an LG L222WS. If you need any more information, please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance,
Victor

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
Package: gdm 2.30.0-0ubuntu5
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-21.32-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
Uname: Linux 2.6.32-21-generic i686
Architecture: i386
Date: Sat May  1 12:59:36 2010
ProcEnviron:
 PATH=(custom, user)
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: gdm

** Affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

** Tags: apport-bug i386 lucid
--
screen resolution changes when log out or change user
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/572957