On Thu, 6 May 2010, frotz wrote:

> What's the difference between Debian and Ubuntu to cause Debian's xterm
> background to be black?  Backgrounds are black on Jaunty, but not Karmic
> and not Lucid.  A dirty work-around is to use this command "xterm -class
> XTerm-color" to spawn an xterm.  What can I put in .Xresources to make
> an xterm always assume that it should use the XTerm-color class?

Debian sets the background color by a modification to
/etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm, combined with
the /etc/X11/Xresources/x11-common file.  That's been discussed, pointed
out where to look -

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net

--
xterm background colour used to be black, now white
which is subscribed to xterm in ubuntu.