I can confirm this bug. Never had problems with past releases of Ubuntu,
with 10.04 the game starts but is actually unplayable: it's awfully slow
and jerky, in crowded areas there are frequent freezes, many graphic
objects are invisible or 'twisted', inside FBs (dungeon instances) this
makes it impossible to move around.

My configuration:

Hardware: Sony Vaio laptop VGN-FW21E, ATI Radeon Mobility HD 3400 series
video card, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz

Software: Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx (clean install), ATI proprietary
drivers, Wine 1.1.42, PWI latest version (319); dual boot possible with
Windows Vista (where the game works fine).

What I did: just to be sure I created a new .wine directory, moved PWI
into it, installed the necessary fonts, then tried first the registry
settings posted on the PWI forums (http://pwi-
forum.perfectworld.com/sh...ht=wine+ubuntu) then those suggested on the
WineHQ site (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...rsion&iId=9923).
Nothing worked.

I'm adding the log of a short game session (start game, login, move
around a bit, log off).

R.

** Attachment added: "pwi-log.txt"
   http://launchpadlibrarian.net/48378148/pwi-log.txt

--
Regression: Perfect World Graphics
which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in ubuntu.