> If it is, in fact, the same, we can at least drop the amd64 tag.

I haven't yet seen a graphics related bug where i386 or amd64 has made
a difference, so by default we assume that it affects both
architectures. The best reason to have the tag there as far as I can
see is that it makes it easy to report upstream what architecture the
bug was reported on. Also, I have sometimes used it when compiling
test kernels for bug reporters to know which architecture to build
for.

It looks like it can happen (see
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2010-May/006832.html),
but in practice the only useful information is if a bug happens to NOT
be triggered on one of the architectures.

--
[i945gm] Random X hang
which is the registrant for xf86-video-intel.