When i boot up my computer (before the purple ubuntu screen loads) I get
black and white bar lines across both monitors. This has been a problem
since I upgraded from karmic to lucid. I run it on a dell 410 XPS
machine with two monitors looking at the same desktop. One monitor is a
dell flat screen and the other is an acer flat screen monitor. There is
an odd high pitched sound when it is showing the bars as well.. What is
up? I have done all available updates at this time.

** Affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

--
black and white bar lines across both monitors on start up
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/576736