Hi, i'm italian and my english is not very good...A friend  of mine upgraded
from 9.10 to lucid with an Acer TravelMate 2350. Now with 2.6.32.22 kernel,
after ubuntu logo X doesn't start, and system stops in black screen.
Ctrl-alt-f1;f2, and ctrl-alt-del have no effect. The only one mode to shutdown
is pressing power button for a few seconds. With the recovery mode X starts,
and yesterday evening we updated the whole system. But after reboot in normal
mode no results.
Then i tried to start with the 2.6.31.21 karmic kernel, and it start X
properly, but system seems not operate at 100%; for example firefox will not
start. I attach lspci and lshw.

** Attachment added: "lspci and lshw"
   http://launchpadlibrarian.net/48712458/lspci%20lshw.txt

--
X server crashes, screen turns black - Failed to submit batchbuffer
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.