Bryce,

I upgraded a machine attached to the same Belkin KVM switch to Ubuntu
10.04 (Lucid) today, and the output of 'xrandr -q --verbose' on the
upgraded machine reports status "connected" for the screen in use. I
also confirmed that this machine cannot properly read EDID data using
command 'sudo get-edid | parse-edid", so it seems the essential issue
for which I posted this bug report has been corrected in Lucid.

The original machine for which I reported the bug is still using Xubuntu
9.04, (Jaunty), and the problem persists there.

--
xrandr reports display as 'disconnected' when EDID data not captured
successfully, even if display in question is active and in use