Hi,

I tried installing Andy's kernels but the results are not very good.
While I get about 2-3 flickers/day normally, the rate gets higher when I
try to run a heavy application. If at the same time, I do the powersave
thing, the flickers seem to go away.

Can anybody tell me if I am going to run into some loss in terms of
hardware (like battery and CPU life time) if I do the powersave thing ?
I don't mind using this workaround for the time being, if it doesnt cost
me anything !!

I love my computer more than I hate the flickers though!!

Let me know if you need to have any information about my system.

--
[Intel GM45] Irregular sync flashes on 8086:2a42 (Needs i915.powersave quirk)
which is the registrant for xf86-video-intel.