The PPA works partially for me. I get very odd mouse behaviour. I work
on a laptop, which has a 'pointing stick' and a touchpad, and I also use
an external mouse. The odd thing is: both the stick and the external
mouse work as expected, but if I click using the touchpad buttons, my
mouse pointer jumps to another position, to the top and left of the
original position! This only happens when my second screen is connected,
otherwise, it's fine... I do not know if this odd behaviour also happens
without the PPA, I will try this when I have some time.

--
Mouse movement corrupted with Xinerama enabled
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.