Hi,

I'm seeing the same issue.  Im running  Ubuntu 9.10 (kernel version:
2.6.31-22-generic) on an ASUS K60I laptop.  It doesn't recognize the touchpad
at all.

I've tried applying the patch listed above by following the very thorough
instructions provided by AllurGroceries
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9175201#post9175201)

The problem I have is that when I get to step 5,  in my kernel
src/drivers/input/mouse directory I dont have an elantech.c file.

Am I missing a step to get that file?  Any help would be appreciated
because the mouse is so sensitive typing becomes a real pain since the
cursor is always jumping around.

Thanks  in advance

--
Touchpad not recognized on Asus U80 and UL30 series. Touchpad Panel missing
from mouse settings