Can you tell me if your system has an error in the logs for a GPU
lockup? Or another drm error?

Also, does your motherboard use the CPU to manage workload for the GPU?

Anything like this in there?

 >> Jun 13 11:39:28 ATOM2 kernel: [30231.584518]
[drm:i915_hangcheck_elapsed] *ERROR* Hangcheck timer elapsed... GPU hung
 >> Jun 13 11:39:28 ATOM2 kernel: [30231.584564]
[drm:i915_do_wait_request] *ERROR* i915_do_wait_request returns -5
(awaiting 63275 at 63274)

--
Ubuntu 10.04 random freezes
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.