A few more pieces of infos regarding this issue :
- If I use the "xinput -list-props" command before sleep/hibernate and after
resume, I distinctly see that all the values are reset
- If I use the "xinput -list" command after resume, I see that once in a while,
the "AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad         id=14" disappears and is replaced
by a "PS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad       id=13"

So far, the only workaround I've found is to cron the command bellow to reapply
my settings periodically.
xinput --set-prop "AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad" [prop] [value]

--
Touchpad settings reset suspend/hibernate
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.