Good to hear that this is now working with the new kernel. I'm not sure
which of the patches listed in the changelog could have fixed it.

PGTBL_ER being anything but zero means that the graphics hardware has
detected a page table error, i.e. some kind of corruption in the table
that maps GPU memory addresses to physical memory addresses.  This is a
pretty serious bug and previously it would cause the monitor to freeze
completely, requiring a reboot. Xorg is now able to recover more
gracefully, but it still means that the GPU doesn't get to do what it is
supposed to do. If this is a real issue and we can catch this now, there
may be enough time for the intel developers to fix this before Maverick
is released. Closer to the release we may get tons of bug reports about
the problem, but it will be harder to get fixed since the kernel has
stabilized and is behind what the upstream developers are working on and
there may not be enough time for a fix.

I'm closing this bug report, since the original issue is gone. But I
would appreciate a new bug report for Maverick if the low-graphics
fallback is triggered there.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

--
[pineviewgm] X crash after restore from hibernate
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.