With my Wibrain from Ubuntu 9.10, and from Mandriva 2010.0 and Fedora 13 the
LCD 4.8 inch of Wibrain heavly flicker,
with an external LCD Monitor no problem.
I have even fixed the DSDT ACPI and add with Ubunytu 10.4 kernel.
With the legacy option in xorg.conf with the svn trunk of Openchrome driver not
became the screen white instead flicker and going in tho console mode
CTRL+ALT+F1...F5 instead of White become black the screen.

I have tried with different xorg configuration with the result that some time
even the External LCD doesn't work.
I have tried even VESA driver but dosen't find the right video modes...
I have tried installing the propritary VIA driver but they was installable on
Ubuntu 9.04 but not on 10.04, I have tried to compile from source but they are
not compilable for the dipendense from some .h that with the new xorg-dev are
not existent.

I have started live cd of OpenSuse 11.3 and start correctly with vesa.
I have tried xvidtune and changed some parameter , switching off my exernal lcd
and hand the flickering change in relation to the changes, but remain
flickered....

** Attachment added: "Log of xorg"
   http://launchpadlibrarian.net/52507228/Xorg.0.log

--
[VX800] Samsung NC20 installation problem(test pattern on screen)
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-openchrome in ubuntu.