Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau

My PC works fine with Ubuntu ≤ 9.10.

I want to boot the 10.04 liveCD to install.

Boot the CD, choose my language and "try ubuntu without install"

System starts booting and freeze with some black and whites patterns on
the screen, with some colored pixels in black areas...

If I ctrl+F1 to get some infos, I see :
nouveau failed to idle channel 2

The new "nouveau" driver seems to have problems with my Nvidia GeForce
8600 GT card...

Tried the last maverick ISO and same have the same problem.
Same problem with Ubuntu and Kubuntu.

If I install with alternate CD, install works fine but the same problem
appears after reboot.

So I can't install from the LiveCD (original CD) and If installed, I
can't boot an Ubuntu version greater than 9.10 ...

Problematic for the future !

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (Ubuntu)

--
impossible to boot Ubuntu ≥ 10.04:  nouveau failed to idle channel 2
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in ubuntu.