Hello,

In Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64 edition I got a problem with the Hub USB that I've
plugged in to the laptop -to avoid having a lot of cables all around.

I've plugged in to the Hub a keyboard, mouse (and joystick).

When starting Grub, the light of the Hub does not turn-on and it do not
work the keyboard nor mouse, so I cannot choose which OS I want to
start, either Vista or Ubuntu. So I have to go to the keyboard included
into the laptop and the touchpad.

A curious thing: When restarting from Vista, the Hub worked nicely since
the beginning, but if restarting the laptop from Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64. . it
didn't.

Sometimes the keyboard does not work and it does not write in Ubuntu
9.04 AMD64 even once the OS has started.

I have a HP 6735b Turion x2 ZM-80 AMD64, with 2 Gb RAM and a 160 Gb hard
drive.

The Hub USB it's a 2.0 compliant from Soyntec model NEXOOS 371 (special for
laptops and Linux compatible, they say).

It's a pity, because Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64 it's SO FAST. . It's quite faster than
Ubuntu 9.04 i386 I have just installed after that. . and better I do not
comment about Vista's speed.

Ubuntu 9.04 i386 and the previous 8.10 (also its i386 version) both work
OK with the Hub USB.

Regards,
Victor

** Affects: xserver-xorg-input-keyboard (Ubuntu)

--
Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64 has problems recognizing USB HUB
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/366971