Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: xorg

Symptoms:

1) Initially left button stops working and right button starts behaving
like a left mouse button.  For example I would be able to scroll the
screen using right mouse button as if it is left mouse button.

2) After few moments even the right mouse button stops working and then
only keyboard works.

3) The cursor moves normally so mouse is still connected to computer.
The only issue is mouse button do not work.

My mouse model is Logitech M305

This is not related to hardware of my mouse as same problem had happened
in past to another different mouse connected to my computer.  I have
been using ubuntu since 2007 and only seen this issue in latest release
(10.04)

This problem happens completely randomly, and only when I am connected
to another computer thru a Remote Desktop.

This is most likely a Xserver issue.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
Package: xorg 1:7.5+5ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-24.39-generic 2.6.32.15+drm33.5
Uname: Linux 2.6.32-24-generic i686
Architecture: i386