Test installed Ubuntu 9.04 32-Bit Desktop on an Eee PC - 4G surf (701).
Every now and then the screen starts to flicker heavily and the mouse
cannot be used (mouse pointer does not move). To me it seems as if this
was some bug in some part of Ubuntu that manages the X server.

Sometimes it seems as if the right or left click button of the trackpad
was permanently being clicked even though it is not.

I do not think that this problem is due to a hardware defect since my
colleague for whom I am testing this says that he has never seen this
problem with prior versions of Ubuntu on this machine.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: eeepc-4gsurf jaunty-32
--
Jaunty: Display often flickers and trackpad often not useable on Eee PC - 4G
surf (701)