Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better.
Unfortunately, we cannot work on this bug, till now, because, while
investigating the causes of this bug we found that the main reason for that Bug
to show up is a Mis-detection of your Touchpad by The Kernel, so we need to
review another settings file before it became ready for fixing.
This file is '/proc/bus/input/devices' and you can get it by typing the
following command to your terminal:
cat /proc/bus/input/devices ~/devices
then you go to URL:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics/+bug/611992/+addcomment
 and attach the 'devices' file from your home directory to that comment.
Thanks

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (Ubuntu)

--
Synaptics TouchPad: no supported touchpad found
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in ubuntu.