*** This bug is a security vulnerability ***

Public security bug reported:

Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-video-mga

I have the following set up
3 matrox cards -

2 * dual head G450 PCI
 1 * Dual Head AGP P650

 Dell precision 450 , 4gb ram sata pci raid card 2* 2gb disks
partitioned with dual boot

Problem is - I can not config xorg & lucid install corrupted vista

After many weeks of trying to install linux to the 2nd half of the raid
( vista lives on the first haIf) bought the AGP card & could then
install lucid , however during the install I saw something briefly
flash on te screen that looked like `removing undeeed windows files' or
simmilar - no explanation or log that I can find  to say what happened -
anyway result is that windows fails on crcdisk & he windows repair also
does not fix it

2nd issue is thatno way can I seem to get a working xorg.conf or
equivalent , Matrox's drivers are out dated & do not install a
configuration file & the default / auto  display setup does not work at
all

I have read & tried so many versions of xorg.conf & related documents -
so far nothing works & I am no expert at writing these - can someone
please post setups that will work on my system - 3 cards, 6 monitors

Also what can I do with the vista short of a full re-install ?( yes I
know some will say delete it;) but its not an option untill all my
software runs in linux ) - past dual boot installs have never touched
the windows partition ? did this one auto-resize it & thereby change the
checksum or do  something to make win reject the disk ??

Thanks In Advance

CAn

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-mga (Ubuntu)

** Visibility changed to: Public

--
3 matrox cards - 2 * dual head G450 PCI & 1 * Dual Head AGP  Dell precision 450
- can not config xorg & lucid install corrupted vista