It has become a problem for my computer on changing the hardware from an
older P4 based PC to a new i5 quad core CPU with Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit
kernel. I am using a PS/2 keyboard & mouse and also getting the random
freeze problem (see over 1000 posts here
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1478787) as well as the "key
stuck down" problem.

Was using 2.6.32-25 'proposed' kernel, but now trying back to 2.6.32-23
kernel to see if it helps at all.

It is also affecting a colleague with the same hardware and 64-bit
2.6.32-24 kernel.

Why, oh why, is this only "medium" importance? Having a machine go
unusable roughly once a day and necessitate a reboot to fix it is simply
intolerable!

--
Keyboard keys get stuck and repeat (Feisty, Gutsy)
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.