Hi,

Now I am using nv driver but when I try to use the nvidia one xorg does
not start and only console is avalable. I think it's related to this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/626974

and this:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=154895&highlight=xorg+1.9

I have a GeForce 4 TI4200

Errors are the same.

--
Critical: 10.04 -> 10.10 blank screen on reboot - checking non-existent battery
which is subscribed to xorg in ubuntu.