I am running Ubuntu Maverick 32 bit beta fully updated to Sept 11th
2010. The system will freeze at random, except for the mouse. I have had
this problem on 64 and 32 bit versions on two computers. The only thing
these machines have in common is that they both have nvidea graphics. It
does not make any difference weather I am using the open source or
proprietary graphics drivers. The system has run for several hours at
times before freezing up.

I am not finding anything in the system logs to give me any clues to
what is causing this. When the system freezes, nothing responds at all
but the mouse still works. Only a hard re-boot will get the system
working again.

Others have mentioned this issue in the development forum but none of us
have figured out how to obtain any useful information. I have run
memtest on both of my effected computers, the memory tests good.

Please advise me on how to proceed with this.

** Affects: xserver-xorg-input-evdev (Ubuntu)

** Tags: maverick
--
Random system freeze
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/636094