On środa 08 kwiecień 2009 18:48:51 you wrote:

AMD no longer supports pre-r600 hardware on fglrx, so we're closing this
bug as wontfix at this time.

Going forward, Ubuntu will be focusing efforts around -ati for this
hardware.

** Changed in: fglrx-installer (Ubuntu Jaunty)

So will you give a go just released -ati 6.12.2 to Jaunty?

Looking at changelog it brings some fixes which might be significant for many users (like new chip ids, r6xx and r7xx fixes or for example for me: white noise fix on tv for r1xx-r3xx and textured video improvements for r2xx and r3xx).

Regards,
Tomek