I'm not entirely sure where this should go - but I see this one as more of a ubuntu question than a QGIS developer...or maybe it's both so I've cross posted.

To learn a bit more - I've compiled (checkinstall) gdal/ogr/geos/proj/grass/postgis (not in that order) and for the final proof I'm insane - QGIS 2.0.1. I'm compiling on ubuntu 13.10 - there's one error that keeps flaring up:

CMake Error at cmake/FindSIP.cmake:54 (MESSAGE):
  Could not find SIP
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:550 (FIND_PACKAGE)

I've installed the package I thought installed SIP - and apparently I didn't....I think it's python-qt4-dev but I've went a bit crosseyed with my note taking.

--
Randal Hale, GISP