Hi,

I could simply package the binaries, but my goal is to create a package that could be available on the official repositories and for that the package needs to be built from source. Do you think this is the good approach? Do you guys think GeoServer/GeoTools need to be on the official repos?

Concerning JAI. The JAI-Core and JAI-ImageIO package already exist, in non-free. From what I've seen in GeoTools' pom.xml some modules require JAI, this would mean that these GeoTools package would have to be put in non-free (I think?) since they depend on a non-free package and so if GeoServer depends on one of these, it would be put in non-free too anyway. That is if I understand correctly the Maven Dependencies, maybe the JAI dep could be ignored by Maven?

Thanks for the answers