On 01.08.2015 22:26, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Ivan Mincik
> <ivan.min...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all, Johan, I am playing little bit with joining effort of
>> GRASS 7 packaging and I see one GRASS 7 package for Trusty in
>> UbuntuGIS. I was looking to Git repository on Alioth for
>> 'ubuntu/trusty' branch [1], but it isn't there.
>
> Ivan,
>
> I have pushed my "ubuntugis" branch. In general I prefer using
> ubuntugis keeping the ubuntu branch in case changes were made in
> ubuntu (universe). I'll try to find out how to edit the policy :-)

OK, thanks for pushing.

>> My question are: * where is the source code for grass -
>> 7.0.0-1~exp2~trusty3 ?
> Note (in case you get no reply) that you can always get the code
> from launchpad: use dget on the dsc file. You can also use
> git-import-dsc to put it in a repository.

Yes, I know dget/git-import-dsc.

> Anyway, I'll try to remember pushing, but it is useful to know
> this, eg if you want to import changes which were not made in git.
> Note that if I only backported an existing debian package I've
> usually not created a branch.

I am following UbuntuGIS packaging and rebuilding it for my needs. The
problem is, that if there is no clear reference to Git (or even no Git
branch exists) it is very hard to contribute with improvements I do on
top of downloaded package via 'dget'. It would be fine to always have
Git branch.

>> * what are the plans for GRASS 7 packaging for other Ubuntu
>> versions in UbuntuGIS Unstable. Can I help with something ?
>
> Please go ahead. I've refrained from doing uploading of most
> packages due to a lack of time and I prefered having updated
> packages in utopic/vivid universe rather than in ubuntugis.

Yes, having updated packages in official Ubuntu is the most important.
So, the most important missing part is moving GRASS 7 from
experimental to unstable. Am I right ?

For grass 7 i didn't
> do this because the qgis plugin would no longer work, so it makes
> a lot of sense to add that package.

I see.

- --
Ivan Minčík