On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 01:57:02AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:

> Hi
>
> While compiling uclibc on thumb and running LTP tests on it I noticed
> that the sched_setaffinity system calls were failing. The reason is that
> when the parameters to syscall macros on ARM contain function calls, gcc
> places the calls to evaluate the parameters at the very end just before
> the system call instruction (SVC) is called.
> This corrupts the registers that has been set up for the system call.
>
> This patch evaluates the arguments in LOAD_ARGS_x macros and also
> separates declaration to make it more PPC like. Thanks to Daniel
> Jacobowitz for this suggestion.

Khem,

Since you seem to use ARM, may i ask you to take a look and clean-up
syscalls.h? Specifically this one spot:

The INTERNAL_SYSCALL macro is duplicated, apparently needlessly.
Search for "r7, v3" in libc/sysdeps/linux/arm/bits/syscalls.h

TIA

> OK ?

Is this a recent breakage since Pauls thumb patch was applied or was it
already there before this patch was applied (about two days ago, or the
like)?