Yes, you don't need any extra files. All locale data are embedded into the
uClibc library.
/usr/lib/locale/locale.archive is used by glibc not uClibc.

> I checked uClibc's menuconfig, and it does indeed set "Locale
> Support".
If you have locale support enabled you should have the iconv functions
Into the uClibc. Try the following command:
- readelf -s libc.so.0 | grep iconv