Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>> - adds several config-options to allow for turning off certain features

This seems a good way to reduce size.

One additional idea I had recently was to add a config option to turn
off non-reentrant functions where a reentrant version exists (e.g.
gethostbyname vs gethostbyname_r).  That's because I still believe the
uc_malloc trick comes at a reliability cost, so I'd rather revert that
and provide a way for people to configure out the functions using static
data.  However, I don't know whether this is feasible, or if these
functions are still very much in use.  What do you guys think?

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen