Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
> Hi Khem,
> I'm seeing similar problem on sh4-nptl as happened to you as you told me
> yesterday.. Something recently merged is causing issues.
> I'm doing investigation and keep you all informed.
>
> Further I'm just writing a detailed report on current status of merge,
> that I can say is almost complete (once figured out what is not
> actually working ;-) ).
>
> I'm currently 100% focused on uclibc.
>
> Cheers,
> Carmelo
Khem,
I think to have found what is causing problems on nptl branch
(anyway I don't know why yet).

The cause is the change merged from trunk in the file
libc/sysdeps/linux/common/bits/sigset.h (rev 24243)

that includes all changes occurred in the same file on trunk
in rev 24183 / 24220 / 24221 by vda.

Please may you try on ARM reverting that file
and see if it helps. On sh4-nptl it's working better now
Below the boot log on my box... not more PANIC on INIT
even if it's blocking on udev

This seems confirming my idea on signal handling changes.
I'll try to merge on my private branch all changes that are already
in the nptl-branch but thos on signal handling.

-----
VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) readonly.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 132k freed
INIT: version 2.86 booting
Fast Starting Kernel event manager...
Activating swap.
Checking all file systems...
fsck 1.39 (29-May-2006)
Mounting local filesystems...
Cleaning /tmp /var/run /var/lock.
Setting up networking...done.
Hostname: amorosoc.
Setting up IP spoofing protection: rp_filter.
Disable TCP/IP Explicit Congestion Notification: done.
Configuring network interfaces: done.
Starting portmap daemon: portmap.
----

Cheers,