On Tuesday 13 October 2009 10:03:35 Natanael Copa wrote:
> I got wine compiled and notepad.exe runs. I get errors when loading
> windows dll's though.

should start with a small app that shows the problem, and then post info on
how to reproduce the issue ... otherwise, you're pretty much on your own with
poking things.

> /mnt/Setup.exe:
>  '/home/ncopa/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/temp/nsk1ed0.tmp/System.dll' is
>  not an ELF file fixme:ntdll:FILE_GetNtStatus Converting errno -1208336632
>  to STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL err:module:map_image Could not map section .text,
>  file probably truncated
>
> I traced that "is not an ELF file" message to uclibc. I'm not sure how
> wine/glibc is working but I suspect that wine uses some features in
> glibc to do the dll linking.
>
> Since wine runs on other non-gnu libc's (bsd*) I was kinda hoping that
> it would be possible to make it work with injecting an #ifdef __UCLIBC__
> or similar some strategic places in wine code.

wine jumps through hoops to do its thing.  you should start with glibc and see
if it is asked to process any windows dlls.  obviously asking the ELF loader
to process a Windows PE DLL makes no sense and you probably should get an
error.

under glibc:
LD_DEBUG=all wine foo.exe >& log
-mike