Hello Will,

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:30:24 +0100
"Will Moore" <will.mo...@beraninstruments.com> wrote:

> Since buildroot 2010.05 (uclibc 0.9.31) targeting i486 and building dropbear
> (0.52) I have found a several second delay (perhaps as much as 10 seconds)
> in the ssh and scp login process.  I found that if I revert to uclibc
> 0.9.30.3 then this login delay disappears.  I am happy to look further into
> this to assist in finding the problem but am unsure where to start.  Some
> pointers would be much appreciated.

Peter as recently added an option to Buildroot that allows to disable
the reverse DNS queries in Dropbear, see
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=dd0d0f96d8e7a4b1feb2374c789892eec4386100.

It might be the origin of your problem. Now, to the question of why
uClibc 0.9.31 differs from 0.9.30.3 on this, I'll let the uClibc
developers answer, because I don't know.

Regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons