On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Peter Mazinger <p...@gmx.net> wrote:
> I assume you are using NPTL as threads, NPTL devs, one of the __sigactions
> needs probably be weak

<snip>

> I would say, do not use that syntax, the compiler defaults should be correct
> (speak, -lc is added at the end of linking, if any earlier
> __sigaction was seen in a library provided on command line by
> -l<library>, libc should provide a weak to not conflict

<snip>

> To really fix it, we have to get rid of all duplicated *sigactions, only one
> should stay (preferably in libc IMHO)

Since my glibc-based host PC has no problem compiling the test program
regardless of the link order, I checked to see how glibc implements
the symbol types:

libc.a: sigaction.o:
0000000000000220 T __sigaction
0000000000000220 W sigaction

libpthread.a: sigaction.o:
0000000000000220 T __sigaction
0000000000000220 W sigaction

What is the general consensus on how closely uClibc should try to
mirror glibc on these sorts of issues?  Is it worth figuring out what
they did differently?