Hi,

 >>>On 9/28/2012 at 07:56 AM, "Bernhard Reutner-Fischer" <rep.dot....@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 26 September 2012 00:30:17 "chris packham"
> <chris.pack...@alliedtelesis.co.nz> wrote:
>> Ping? Any interest in this?
>
> Sounds OK, I'll take a closer look as time permits.
> Cheers,

Would a patch per architecture help? I didn't want to spam the list with
a 2 line change per arch but it might make sense if you have per arch
custodians.

>> Linux 3.4 added __kernel_long_t and __kernel_ulong_t and various
>> exported header files were updated to use these new types. This is an
>> automated attempt using coccinelle to update the various kernel_types.h
>> files.
>>
>> The following semantic patch was used
>>
>>   @@
>>
>>   @@
>>   +typedef long           __kernel_long_t;
>>   +typedef unsigned long  __kernel_ulong_t;
>>   +
>>
>>   typedef struct {
>>   } __kernel_fsid_t;

I've also come to the realization that spatch is overkill when sed can
probably do the job. Sed also has a change to get the whitespace right
(or should I say consistent with the surrounding code).