On 2/28/2013 1:06 PM, Alexander Varnin wrote:
Hello.
I'm using uClibc 0.9.33.2 with buildroot.
My OS built with buildroot, and locale settings is to enable ru_RU.UTF8 locale both in buildroot .config and uClibc .config.
I'm trying to do
setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "ru_RU.UTF-8")
but return value of this function is "ru_RU.ISO-8859-1". As i think, this can be reason for later error of wcsrtombs call, that tries to convert russian wide characters to char. I don't know, if it is a bug, or wrong configuration, please help me find out.

Attaching test  program and uClibc configuration.

For me, test programs writes out:
# ./wtest
setlocale returns ru_RU.ISO-8859-1
setlocale returns ru_RU.ISO-8859-1
Wrong format

Looking your config file seems UCLIBC_BUILD_MINIMAL_LOCALES is wrongly set, the string contains a blank character before ru_RU.UTF-8 locale.
Remove the blank character and try again.
Hoping this fix your problem.
Executing your test in my box it works fine.

#./wtest
setlocale returns ru_RU.UTF-8
setlocale returns ru_RU.UTF-8
Everything ok.