On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 03:28:15PM -0800, Steve Ellcey  wrote:
>While looking at the MIPS uclibc build, I notice there are a lot of warnings
>about variables being set but not used.  This has been brought up before:
>
>  http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2012-April/046639.html
>
>But it doesn't look like anyone has submitted a patch so here is a patch
>I created to get rid of the MIPS specific warnings.  Is this something that
>could be checked in?

Yes, but please make sure to follow uclibc.org/developing#contrib
i.e. you have to provide a correct Signed-off-by line.

Also, please use attribute_unused instead.

>Also, I was wondering if anyone knows why INTERNAL_SYSCALL_DECL (and other
>INTERNAL_SYSCALL_* and internal_syscall* macros) are defined in both
>libc/sysdeps/linux/mips/bits/syscalls.h and libc/sysdeps/linux/mips/sysdep.h?
>
>Is one of these the 'right' place to define these macros?  Should one
>of them be including the other?

This probably could need cleanup yes, but i did not look closely.
I think that i386 and arm should be okish in this respect.

The mips port could generally need some TLC so it would be great if you
could help.

Please be careful not to break the different THREAD variants, at least
NO_THREAD and NPTL but also not willingly breaking LT.OLD would be nice
until we fade out LT.OLD and LT(.NEW) in favour of NPTL.

thanks,