Quoth Bob Furber [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> I believe that amongst other things, the dBUG stack is near
> the bottom of SDRAM. So, it becomes a bit of a philosophical
> question: What do we want to happen when uClinux is shut
> down? Return to the dBUG> prompt?
>
> Perhaps if uClinux could trigger a soft reset on exit, this
> would result in dBUG booting without the need of
> values/context stored in SDRAM from prior to booting uClinux.

That's how things normally work.  Usually the only way to 'exit' uClinux
is to do a soft reset (eg. by calling the reboot command), which will
usually simply jump back to the flash boot address and the bootloader
will then start running and reconfigure all the hardware as if it was a
normal poweron.  This should include resetting the RAM and pointing the
interrupt vectors back at its own code, so everything should just
magically work after that.

Having said that, on my board (MOD5272) executing the reboot command
reboots ok (and boots back into uClinux without problems) but for some
strange reason it won't let me hit the key in the serial console to
break into the bootloader.  But I suspect that's something the
bootloader is doing incorrectly.  (Unfortunately I don't have the source
for that.)