Hi Will,

will wrote:
I have used 2x32M SDRAM on my board, the loader did chip select well and I think it is not neccesory to do chip select again

in kernel, is that right?

Normally that is right, the boot loader sets up chip selects and
SDRAM.

When I used 128k ramfs image, the system will boot well and work, but sometimes it hangs up in the situation using

memory.

From what you describe it would seem like SDRAM is not quite
configured and working properly. You need to closely look at
your SDRAM setup.

I think, as Greg said, I have my SDRAM working in unormal status. I cannot allocate memory larger than 1M enven I have choose

the option allocate large memory and I cannot use static array larger than 500k in my program. Also, when I tar a tarball with size larger

than 500k, the system hangs......

Forgive my poor English and this is my first time using mailist.

Would you plese told me how to "Re" your mails as you do show in the thread tree and how to quot your mail content? ^_^

Most email readers will do this for you if you hit the "Reply"
button...

Regards
Greg

not sure if I remember it right, seems the chip select was done in boot
loader and uclinux does not do this in kernel.

Bin

 >/
/>/ Hi Will,
/>/
/>/ will wrote:
/>/ > I have encoutered some problems with my coldfire m5272 board running
/>/ > uclinux of version 2.6.17-uc1.
/>/ >
/>/ > My board has 64M sdram and I configured the "CONFIG_RAMSIZE" with the
/>/ > value of 0x04000000 instead of the default value 8M. When I increase the
/>/ > ramfs image from 128k default to 2048k, system will hang up while
/>/ > expanding the ramfs image. Then, I configured the ram size back to the
/>/ > default value 8M, the system works well and never hang up again.
/>/
/>/ I f you use the 128k ramfs image, but with the memory size set to
/>/ 64MB does the system boot and work?
/>/
/>/ Are you sure that all 64MB of SDRAM is actually working properly?
/>/
/>/ Regards
/>/ Greg
/>/