Jivin Mike Frysinger lays it down ...
> On Tuesday 29 May 2007, David McCullough wrote:
> > Jivin Mike Frysinger lays it down ...
> > > Newer kernels no longer export linux/autoconf.h so ive fixed dhcpcd-new
> > > to only pull in this file when dealing with CONFIG_LEDMAN (assuming that
> > > feature only works with old kernels).  Perhaps people just want to
> > > outright delete the line, doesnt matter to me.
> >
> > CONFIG_LEDMAN comes from the kernels config so this probably doesn't
> > work as expected ;-)
>
> then LEDMAN support in dhcpcd-new is done wrong ... userspace binaries
> shouldnt be tying themselves to kernel things like this at build time

Thats a matter of opinion I guess.  It uses an ioctl interface to
control LED's via the kernel driver.  The ioctl values need to be
defined somewhere and the appropriately setup kernel header seems a
reasonable place.  Otherwise you need to define the ioctl's in two
places,  one for kernel and one for user,  but they have to always be
kept in sync.  I don't see the point myself.

> any idea how to address this sort of stuff ?  there's plenty more places in
> uClinux-dist that break with properly sanitized headers ...

The dist doesn't use sanitised headers :-) :-)

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough,  [EMAIL PROTECTED],   Ph:+61 734352815
Secure Computing - SnapGear  http://www.uCdot.org http://www.cyberguard.com