Hi,

I am trying to bring up the current dist 2.6 kernel on an AT91x40 board.
I am using the serial_atmel module as the serial driver.  The
serial_atmel console driver is initialized and registered and I can
print text to the output with the console_print_atmel function within
the module.  The kernel boots to the point of trying to mount the
rootfs.

My issue is that printk does not produce any output on the console port.
I notice in the arch/arm directory the mach-atmel/arch.c file does not
initialize any console devices, where as the at91rm9200 does.

Do I need to add similar init calls from a board_init function from the
MACHINE_START macro in the arch/arm/mach-atmel directory?   What is the
key function/point where the serial_core and printk are connected to the
serial console?  Thanks for any help,

Matt