What is the procedure for adding a new user package to the official
uClinux-dist? I am currently using uClinux-dist-20070130.

I added 'haserl' (see http://haserl.sourceforge.net) to my tree, and I
believe others will find it useful. I added the latest development
version, which is 0.9.16. Haserl uses autoconf/automake, and I don't
like the practice of editing the resultant 'Makefile' for uClinux.
Instead, I "ported" haserl by creating a uClinux-specific makefile
(lower-case 'm') that drives the build process. My makefile looks like
this:

all: Makefile
       $(MAKE) -f Makefile

Makefile:
       ./configure $(CONFIGURE_OPTS) --prefix=

romfs:
       $(ROMFSINST) src/haserl /bin

# Default rule retries target in 'Makefile'
%:
       $(MAKE) -f Makefile $@

I can submit patches for my makefile, and ROOTDIR/config/config.in,
but am not sure about the procedure for getting the haserl sources
into the tree.

What's the process for upgrading packages in the uClinux tree? I would
also like to see mini_httpd upgraded to v1.19 (currently v1.14). I've
done so in my own tree, and can supply patches. I used the same
porting trick of adding a new makefile, rather than editing
mini_httpd's own Makefile.