To: <uclinux-dev@uclinux.org>
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 8:01 AM
Subject: [uClinux-dev] FAT16:Problems with big cluster sizes

Hello,

I am working with DSLINUX (www.dslinux.org). CPU is ARM946es, Kernel
2.6.14. Web repository is at http://dslinux.gits.kiev.ua/trunk/.

SD and CF cards, formatted with FAT16, are used as nonvolatile memory.
But if the cluster size is 32K or 64K, parsing directories is leading
to "data abort" errors. 32K is needed by the popular 2GByte cards.
Using FAT32 is not an option.

I have searched the web, but have found nothing. Has anybody heard about
such problems and can give me a pointer in the right direction?

regards
Wolfgang
--
Das Leben kann nur rückwärts verstanden,
muß aber vorwärts gelebt werden.