Hi Folks,

I have a odd issue that I would throw out for some ideas - if someone
has any.

I am using the Microblaze uCLinux port, specifically on the 10/100
ethernet side.

Everything seems fine, telnet, tftp, and net-perf work great. Net-perf
reports a 6Mb/s data rate to a WindowsXP box - and I think that is fine.

Tftp transfers around 150KB/s, which is fine for me as well.

However, ftp is another story.

If I try to ftp from the uCLinux O/s and get an image from an ftp server
running on our local network, here is what happens

1) connect and login ~2-3 seconds
2) get the file
3) now, the first 1-2KB comes immediate, then the next 2-3 KB/s takes
about 10 seconds, then the next 2-3KB/s takes about 20 seconds. Then the
ftp server (on the remote windows xp box) times out

The same process happens if I try to ftp a file from a windows system to
the uclinux O/s (ftpd triggered by inetd)

However, I can ftp from a linux box to the uCLinux O/s at a rate of
about 20KB/s - seems slow but at least it works for all file sizes.

Using ethereal, I see that the linux box transfer is a collected of tcp
sends and acks from the board.

Using ethereal, I see that the transfer between the uCLinix O/S and any
windows box, seems to be missing a lot of acks? In particular, if I try
to "get" a file from a windows xp FTP server on our network (this is
using FTP from the uCLinux O/S), I see some tcp packets sent from the
windows xp server, then some re-transmissions, then uCLinux sends an
ACK....then nothing else is sent from the ftp sever for 10-20 seconds.
It seems like things get slower and slower after every packet ack that
the ucLinux O/s sends out.

Has anyone seen anything like this or have any idea for me to look at?

Thanks!

Steve Spano
FLE