-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David McCullough
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 8:55 PM
To: uClinux development list
Subject: Re: [uClinux-dev] Shared library issues on m68knommu and gcc
4.1.1

Jivin [EMAIL PROTECTED] lays it down ...
> > I am getting the "lib 0 younger than lib 1" in the relocation code
> > for the reloc table for uClibc (shared lib 1). The code works until
> > it reaches a value of "0x00000001" which is interpreted as address 1

> > in library 0. Library 0 is younger than 1, as it should be.
>
> I understand now.
>

> > Some of my theories are as follows. Maybe the linker is inserting a
> > 0x00000001 into the reloc table when it shouldn't be. Or maybe it
> > should be, and 0x00000001 is a new flag in the newer toolchain.
>
> It certainly has the feel of a tool chain flag.  I have a vague
> recollection of such being used in the constructor/destructor chains.
>
> What if you modify the kernel relocator to stop on these values? (are
> there legitimate relocations *after* them?)
>
> Or skip them?
>
> Does the program then work?
>
> I don't see how 0x00000001 can be a legitimate relocation address.
> Code is word aligned and that definitely points into code space.  I
> don't remember relocations less than 32 bit being needed on the
ColdFire.

Could be the constructore or destructor count,  there is usually only
one in a normal app.

Check that you elf2flt.ld has the correct CTORS/DTORS constructs and
that there is not padding getting inserted between symbols etc.

> > Let me know if this rings any bells.
>
> It doesn't :-(
>
> There were some weird zero values near the start of the GOT that I
never figured out but I thought I'd dealt with the relocations properly.

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough,  [EMAIL PROTECTED],   Ph:+61
734352815

computer viruses.