Greg Ungerer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi Simon,
>
> Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> Hi!  Quite some time ago, I posted the following:
>>
>> http://mailman.uclinux.org/pipermail/uclinux-dev/2005-August/034484.html
>>
>> For some reason, this was never integrated into uClinux CVS.  A customer
>> recently requested updated information about the status of this work.
>> So I updated the patch for the latest versions of these tools.  Is there
>> interest in committing this to CVS at this time?
>
> The problem that I have currently is related to crypto code in
> the dist, and that fact that I/we are effectively exporting it.
> I know the restrictions on such things have been eased in recent
> years, but it still makes lawyers at my end nervous.
>
> That is why the dist doesn't contain the openssl library code
> for example. Even though it is very simple to add it yourself
> (and the master tree has it in it - just not publicly visible).

Hi again.  I just noticed that there are several examples of crypto code
in the CVS already, even if openssl is not present.  For example,
top-level freeswan/ and openswan/ contains AES implementations etc, and
lib/libcrypt_old/ contains DES implementations.  In fact, both glibc and
uClibc contains a DES implementation.

My point is that if you really don't want to distribute any crypto code,
you will have to remove quite a bit of functionality.  As far as I
understand, exporting open source crypto isn't a problem any more, so I
think the better approach is to be inclusive of crypto packages in
uClinux.

Thanks,
Simon